As a travel nurse you have some challenges that not every new employee will have. Each time you start a new assignment you are also starting over in a new town or city, learning your way around the area in addition to your new job. The challenge can be exhilarating and exhausting at the same time. When it comes to mealtime, you don’t have to be overwhelmed by choices or get lost on the way. Smart phone apps and GPS have made this process so much easier. Here are a few apps you can use to find dining stops at your next travel nurse assignment.
- Dining Deals for Android. If you use an Android phone this app can not only help you find a yummy place to grab a bite but also how to do it at a discount. Download the app to see what kind of awesome deals you can find surrounding your workplace.
- Food Truck Follower. Many cities have a thriving food truck culture. They are usually quick and delicious so they make a great lunchtime option. Check out the food trucks in your new city on this app from Android.
- Foursquare for Android or iOS. If you have either smart phone operating system, Foursquare is a favorite for hunting out great spots. Check in to learn more about the area and, if you find a favorite spot, you may eventually become mayor. This gamification of mealtime can be a fun diversion.
- Grubhub. This app, available for all smart devices, will share with you delicious places in your town that offer delivery. Make some new friends at your job and go in on an order of take out sushi, salads, or anything else you can imagine. You can even pay with PayPal to make the process easier.
- Yelp and Urban Spoon. Of course, you can always go with the tried and true nationwide apps that can help you not only find a local spot but see reviews of others who have eaten there. This can help you decide the right place with the best food.
Are you looking for a great new opportunity? Fortus Healthcare, specializing in Travel Nurse Jobs, can help you today!